Illinois Principals Association Governmental Relations is dedicated to representing the interests of all Illinois school leaders at state and federal levels, providing outreach opportunities for members and principals, and supporting the principalship.
We are actively engaged in monitoring legislation affecting school principals and all educators, and work closely with legislators to communicate the impact of legislative initiatives to schools and students.
The IPA provides multiple sources and tools for you to stay current with proposed legislation and opportunities you to contact your legislator so share your opinions. Please visit the links below for legislative updates and outreach opportunities.
To become more involved in legislative advocacy, please contact Alison Maley at 217-241-0595.
- Capwiz - Communications tool used to quickly and easily send feedback or calls to action to your local legislators
- Principal for a Day - Opportunity to build relationships and share day-to-day leadership activities with elected officials. Please contact Alison Maley for coordination and scheduling assistance.
More Government Resources
- IPA Platform Statement
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Administrative Code
- Governor's Office of Management and Budget
Twitter Updates from IPA’s Government Relations & Public Relations Department
Check us out for minute-to-minute coverage of committee action when the Illinois General Assembly is in session.